Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Tonight we roasted a pork loin marinated in Dale's and we served it with delicious mashed sweet potatoes and herbed stuffing. A divine Sunday dinner if I do say so myself!

Mashed Sweet Potatoes

2 medium sweet potatoes

2 TBS butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 pinches ground nutmeg

Wash sweet potatoes and poke holes with a fork or knife. Bake in the oven at 300 to 350 for about 45 minutes to an hour. The sweet potatoes are done when soft. Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle them.

Cut the ends off the sweet potatoes and you should be able to peel the skin off easily. Cut the pulp into chunks and put into a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mash together until combined. If you want it creamier, add a little milk and mix well. Enjoy!


--------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a recipe to share? Submission Guidelines
Subscribe in a reader

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I love cinnamon and nutmeg in my sweet potatoes. I roast mine in the oven too and everyone always thinks I add sugar to them but it's just the roasting and the spices.